Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Compiling TELEMAC System v6p1

With the latest release of Telemac v6p1, I decided it was time to figure out how to compile it from the source code. Checked out a copy from Subversion (http://svn.opentelemac.org/svn/opentelemac/) from /tags/v6p1 to my local Telemac folder. Note that I already have a version of Telemac running and am running the Intel Fortran compiler.


  1. Add the following to the PATH User variable: C:\Telemac\v6p1\bin
  2. Create the following User Variable: SYSTELCFG with value: C:\Telemac\v6p1\config
  3. Under C:\Telemac\v6p1\config, I made a copy of systel-all.ini and renamed it to systel.ini. 
  4. In the systel.ini file I set the following parameters: PROJECT=C:\Telemac\v6p1, HOSTTYPE=wintel32s, PERLPATH=C:\Telemac\perl\bin, PERL5LIB=C:\Telemac\perl\lib.
  5. Ran cfgmak from C:\Telemac\v6p1\bin
  6. Opened the command window from my Intel Fortran Compiler. Navigate to C:\Telemac\v6p1\bin and run MAKEALL90. This should compile all of the libraries. Did not no anything special such as to compile parallel sources. 
  7. Once I finished compiling I found that I needed to edit the runtel.pl located in the same directory as in the previous step. Find the line: $command=join "","./", "delete_",$PARA,$WORKING,$fileToDelete; and remove the ./  .

No comments:

Post a Comment